Bayer’s mission, science for a better life, inspires how we apply our thinking to the greatest local and global challenges of our time. This is what makes Bayer an extraordinary place to work.
- Territory Growth Opportunities
- North Qld & NT
- Global Company – Make an Impact
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. As an employer of choice, Bayer will provide you:
PASSION TO INNOVATE | POWER TO CHANGE
- Competitive salary package and benefits
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development
The Crop Science Division at Bayer has been investing in Australian agriculture for almost 100 years, supplying leading brands backed by expert advice in the areas of seeds and plant biotechnology, crop protection and non-agricultural pest control. Our spirit of innovation and curiosity means we are always looking to develop more advanced solutions to environmental and commercial challenges to shape Australian agriculture and environmental science.
This is a great opportunity for those with an established knowledge of the Horticulture industry in both the North Queensland and Northern Territory. The Territory Business Manager is the initial and ongoing Sales contact between our distribution partners, key influencers and end users / growers and Bayer CropScience. The main objective of this position is to achieve/exceed the annually agreed Sales budget within the designated Territory.
Reporting to National Sales Manager, you will be responsible for Managing the North Queensland and Northern Territory. Driving customer engagement through business development and technical knowledge.
Who you are
- Sell and promote Bayer CropScience products to distribution channel and end users to increase demand and closing the sale at each opportunity
- Provide value adding service to Distribution, professional farmers, consultants and opinion leaders
- Prepare and execute a Territory and key reseller business plan that fits with overall company and regional business strategy
- Continually identify business potential and market share growth opportunities by analysing and planning time allocation based on sales potential
- Acquire and maintain an appropriate level of technical knowledge in all key areas relevant to regional business field of operations in Horticulture as region requires, combined with a strong understanding of key product features and benefits and value propositions to build sales
- Assess & manage the ongoing performance of the distribution channel for Agency
- Manage and monitor all accounts in the Territory, ensuring timely collections to maintain favorable days still outstanding, cash flow, and security of accounts
- Provide communication, training and support to distribution on product information, pricing and trading terms, to ensure they are skilled in creating demand to secure sales and to effectively administrate Bayer marketing programs
- Organize and establish appropriate field activities to promote products through commercial demo plots, grower field days, grower meetings (as required)
- Continually build effective customer relationships to optimise sales, satisfaction and loyalty across Agriculture community
- Actively work with Field Solutions and Market development team to build demand, leveraging trials, messaging and value propositions
- Actively promote and educate via demonstration trial sessions for Resellers, Consultants and Growers
Bayer’s LIFE Values
- Tertiary qualification in Agriculture or related field
- Direct Horticulture and biologic experience with strong technical knowledge
- Ideally located between Ingham and Mackay
- Strong influencer and negotiator
- Demonstrated Sales and Business Development ability – progresses each interaction to a commitment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Self directed with strong organisational and time management skills
- Competent Presentation skills and EQ with varied audience sizes and technical competence
- Ability to proactively identify market opportunities
- Commercial acumen
- Computer literate with good understanding of Microsoft Office and CRM applications
- Current Driver’s License
Our values – LIFE (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency) – guide us in our work and inspire us to go above and beyond; for our patients, for each other, for our customers and the communities in which we live. Leadership roles in our business drive, support and model these values at all times.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Agencies please note: This position will be managed via our in-house Talent Acquisition Team. Bayer does not accept any unsolicited resumes.