Bayer’s mission, Science for a Better Life, inspires how we apply our thinking to the greatest local and global challenges of our time. This is what makes Bayer an extraordinary place to work.
- Field Agronomist - Start date Jan / Feb 2021
- Two positions are available, one in Southern NSW (Wagga Wagga or Griffith)
- Global Company – Make an Impact
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. As an employer of choice, Bayer will provide you:
PASSION TO INNOVATE | POWER TO CHANGE
- Competitive salary package and benefits
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development
The Crop Science Division at Bayer has been investing in Australian agriculture for almost 100 years, supplying leading brands backed by expert advice in the areas of seeds and plant biotechnology, crop protection and non-agricultural pest control. Our spirit of innovation and curiosity means we are always looking to develop more advanced solutions to environmental and commercial challenges to shape Australian agriculture and environmental science.
This is a great opportunity to join the Field Solutions team as a Field Agronomist, where you will conduct applied research to generate technical information for the registration and marketing of new and exciting products for farmers.
Take a lead technical role in a cross-functional project team to develop recommendations for the commercial use of new and existing products.
Who you are
- Planning, conducting and reporting field trials in a variety of crops
- Analysing, interpreting, summarising and communicating trial data
- Identifying and proposing new product development opportunities
- Planning and protocol writing for projects on a national scale
- Providing technical input and direction within a project team
- Providing product training and technical support to internal and external customers
- Sustaining a high level of technical expertise by maintaining an extensive technical understanding of the range of Bayer CropScience crop protection products
Bayer’s LIFE Values
- A person with a passion for the agricultural sector
- Tertiary qualified in Agricultural Science or equivalent
- Previous experience in agricultural product development and cropping systems
- Well organised, self-motivated, resourceful and the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills
- Strong observational and analytical skills, with an ability to interpret trial results, write scientific trial reports, and to summarise and present data clearly
- Well-developed knowledge of statistics, trial design and data interpretation and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly on technical topics
- Understanding of spray application, plant protection products and chemical modes of action
- Practical knowledge of agricultural equipment and good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to operate within the parameters of relevant company policies and government legislation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Valid driver’s licence (optional truck licence)
Our values – LIFE (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency) – guide us in our work and inspire us to go above and beyond. In our business we drive, support and model these values at all times.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Applicants must hold full working rights to Australia.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Agencies please note: This position will be managed via our in-house Talent Acquisition Team. Bayer does not accept any unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.