Bayer’s mission, science for a better life, inspires how we apply our thinking to the greatest local and global challenges of our time. This is what makes Bayer an extraordinary place to work.
- Warehouse Operations Role
- Campbellfield Location
- Global Company – Make an Impact
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. As an employer of choice, Bayer will provide you:
PASSION TO INNOVATE | POWER TO CHANGE
- Competitive salary package and benefits
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development
The Crop Science Division at Bayer has been investing in Australian agriculture for almost 100 years, supplying leading brands backed by expert advice in the areas of seeds and plant biotechnology, crop protection and non-agricultural pest control. Our spirit of innovation and curiosity means we are always looking to develop more advanced solutions to environmental and commercial challenges to shape Australian agriculture and environmental science.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, driven and forward thinking individual to join us and drive first-class customer experience to all internal and external customers. Alongside the planning and execution of continuous process improvement to increase warehouse and operational efficiency, while ensuring continuity of site operations to support ANZ business.
Who you are
- Oversee all customer order requirements from picking, packing, dispatch, and returns and all associated paperwork as well as maintain data in SAP and relevant databases to ensure accuracy and integrity of information
- Manage repacking and labelling of stock as required. Cover customer service duties if required, taking customer orders and enquiries
- Oversee the entire goods inwards process from goods receipt, quality control, labelling and accurate and timely recording
- Manage seed samples for customers and internal/3rd party labs including germination/UT updates in SAP
- Liaise with Transport companies to organise all freight movements to customers & 3rd party counterparts. (Import forwarders, 3rd party warehouse, Quarantine, 3rd party lab etc.). Provide solutions to any transport or storage issues and respond promptly to all queries
- Manage regular stock-takes and maintain accurate stock records. Maintain optimum stocks of all packing materials and reorder as required to maintain supply. Facilitate scrapping process as required
- Accountable for warehouse security, opening each day and closing each afternoon, maintaining security during the day and the point of contact in the case of a site security issue as well as oversee housekeeping at the facility and to ensure that the warehouse and equipment is well maintained to keep high value stock in good condition to meet quality standards
- Manage all site suppliers including vendor setup, PR creation and invoicing as required
- Strict adherence to site ESH policies and procedures and ensuring these are understood and observed by visitors to the site
- Support QMS initiatives and accreditation of warehouse operations
Bayer’s LIFE Values
- Diploma in Warehouse Management or equivalent practical experience
- Highly literate with Office Suite of products. E.g. Excel, PowerPoint
- SAP experience (required)
- Comfortable with autonomy and working in isolation but also respect team environment
- Current forklift license and experience (required)
- Good communication and networking skills. Ability to communicate comfortably with people at all levels and backgrounds – internal and externally. Confidence to query any anomalies in orders and report on trends. Works proactively to anticipate needs of the team and initiating solutions
- Working knowledge of the Vegetable Seed Industry (preferred)
- Highly organized, disciplined with strong attention to detail and commitment to double check own work that demands absolute accuracy
- Work with care and consideration for personal health and safety and the health and safety of others
Our values – LIFE (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency) – guide us in our work and inspire us to go above and beyond; for our patients, for each other, for our customers and the communities in which we live. Leadership roles in our business drive, support and model these values at all times.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Agencies please note: This position will be managed via our in-house Talent Acquisition Team. Bayer does not accept any unsolicited resumes.